On behalf of the team of Pakistan Association Dubai, we wish our members and the community well during this holy month.
The blessed month of Ramadan gives us an opportunity to strengthen our spiritual well-being by engaging in acts of devotion and kindness.
This year’s Ramadan is unique as it has come at the time when we are faced with one of the biggest public health challenges – COVID- 19. To contain the spread of the virus, the Government of Dubai has imposed social distancing, restrictions on movement, and congregational prayers. We encourage our community to abide by these measures for their own and loved one’s safety.
On a positive side, this is a great opportunity for us to remain closer to our families and children and make the best of this time.
Whilst we do this, let’s remember that Ramadan is a time for solidarity and sacrifice for those who are less fortunate than us.
With our members’ support, Pakistan Association Dubai’s COVID response activities (shared with the members on 13th April) are expected to continue during the holy month of Ramadan. Below is an update on existing and additional activities during Ramadan:
- PAD Welfare team continues to deliver food packages to the deserving. So far we have delivered over 4,500 packages impacting the lives of over 23, 000 people. We plan to deliver 4000 food packages in Ramadan, insha’Allah.
- The isolation facility PAD’s Medical Wing adopted at Warsan is operational and serving about 500 patients.
- We are supporting the deserving stranded Pakistanis during the current crisis with air tickets
- Like recent years, this Ramadan we have also launched a Prisoner’s relief campaign where we plan to support prisoners who have completed their term on minor offenses and need support on fines/air tickets to make a way back to their families.
- We are planning to collaborate with Dubai Government and CDA’s initiative on Meal Delivery services to the labor camps
- Tech drive, initiated by Pakistan Youth Forum, is expected to start in a few days. This is to support online learning and providing the laptops/tablets to the deserving families
- “Ehsaas” A Psychological support initiative by our ladies forum has been launched. This is to provide online mental health counseling, education, spiritual support, group support, and many other such services by professionals.
- We thank our members and the authorities in Dubai and U.A.E. for their continuous support, trust, and being a part of these initiatives.
Let’s continue to work together and continue to build this further to help the deserving during these unprecedented times.
To stay updated, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Muhsin Al Banna