There is no situation which does not add some value and teaches some valuable lessons.
Life is just like a kaleidoscope of good and bad, happiness and sorrow, creating a beautiful garland if looked from a far and provides us a collection of valuable memories after the passing of a phase.
Now a days we, as the whole world is passing through a very un-usual situation for which no one had thought planned and prepared and which was not been faced by the world after 18th century on this scale.
- Did anyone before November 2019 had heard the name of Corona virus? at least I had not.
- Did anyone before November 2019 had imagine the birth of an unknown Virus, whose origin, composition and devastation was unknown to have taken and paralyzed the entire world? At least I had not.
- Did anyone imagined the high and mighty America, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and sophisticated, very well organized, having the most sophisticated medical systems in all European countries like Italy, Spain, UK and Switzerland will be helplessly waiting for facemasks to be coming from China and having their entire cities locked down and entire population being pushed inside their homes scared of an invisible un-known virus un-heard off before November 2019? At least I had not.
- Did anyone imagine a collapse of entire world economy and wiping off trillions of Dollars from all the stock exchanges of the world with out any war, earthquake flood or any visible calamity? At least I had not.
NOT ONLY ME, AN ORDINARY PERSON LIVING IN A SMALL COUNTRY IN MIDDLE EAST BUT NONE OF THE INTELECTUALS THINKERS, POLITICIANS AND STRATIGISTS HAD IMAGINED ANYTHING CLOSE TO IT BEFORE NOVEMBER 2019.
NOW SINCE WE ARE IN IT LET US EXAMINE THAT WHAT LESSONS WE ARE SLOWLY LEARNING FROM IT:
That human should never assume the role of a ruler of this Universe but only an inhabitant, sharing its bounties with all the other species living on this planet.
Human race spread on the surface of this planet may have difference in beliefs, color, language, habits, diet but are basically one specie, having common interests, weaknesses and vulnerabilities and feelings due to being the offspring of one couple I.e. Adam & Eve.
None of the race White or Black, Tall or Short, Healthy or weak, Rich or poor has the right to try to rule and subjugate the other race based on superiority of knowledge, weaponry, Geography or resources.
The Nature has much deadlier forces at its disposal than the combined strength of all world’s mightiest deadly weaponry and can make all arms ineffective just through one invisible VIRUS.
Any time after centuries the un-seen power of the UNIVERS (GOD) can manifest itself in the broad day light to establish the truth of its MIGHT, GOVERNANCE AND SUPERIORITY JUST BY CHANGING THE RESPONSE OF BODY IMMUNE SYSTEM.
Through this invisible tiny virus UNIVERSE is teaching us some very valuable lessons which we never had the time to think due to a self-inflicted pressure of being the part of a rat race of so called SUCCESS.
With the imposed isolation we now have to realize that:
- Life is a gift given to the Human to acknowledge, understand to be accepted with humility and thankfulness.
- For the last few decades since we had embarked upon the path of economic, scientific and intellectual advancement, we had detached ourselves from OURSELVES- the only friend we have.
- Corona is a teacher teaching us the importance of individual existence by isolating us, by force, from all other relationships and concentrating on ourselves as an emotional, physical and spiritual beings.
- Through Corona, we have been given a God given opportunity to find ourselves which we had lost in the mob of self-seeking crowd of confused lot.
- This is the time to realize that we were too busy to imitate everyone who were by no means anything as unique as us and in the process had lost ourselves.
- We were separating ourselves with the most valuable asset of our life- OUR FAMILY in the name of doing everything for them.
WE HAD CHANGED THE PARADIGM OF SUCCESS FROM, HAPPINESS, LOVE, SATISFACTION TO BANK BALANCE, DESIGNATION, REPUTATION RESULTING THE WORST TYPE OF DIS-SATISFACTION, DISTRESS AND UN-HAPPINESS
MY FRIENDS GOD HAS GIVEN US ONE MORE CHANCE TO RE-CONFIGURE OUR LIVES AND BASE THEM ON THE GOLDEN PRINCIPLE OF HUMILITY, HELP, GRATITUDE AND CONTENTMENT. WE SHOULD NOT LOOSE IT.
Rais Khan is a Chartered Accountant and an author. He has worked in corporate sector for 40 years in a variety of corporations ranging from IBM to Etisalat in UAE. He has worked and lived in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, USA, Africa and the UAE. Currently he is a freelance business consultant and part-time writer. He is the Editor of Pehchaan and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org