2018 will mark 100 years since the birth of the founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nayhan. The year will not only be about remembering all that Sheikh Zayed did to form the UAE of today, but it will also, like with the Year of Giving, be about instilling his values across the community.
Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, announced the launch of the ‘Day for Dubai’ initiative. The initiative aims to both solidify social responsibility among its citizens, and reinforce the spirit of volunteerism. It encourages every resident to share the gift of their time by dedicating at least one day of the year to leverage their talent and skill set to volunteer, giving back to those in need, improving and maintaining their city and community, and protecting the environment.
This is a first-time initiation put forward by Pakistan Association Dubai aligned with Year of Zayed 2018 for the youth of Pakistan. This initiative promotes the concept of paying a tribute to the U.A.E’s Founding Father by completing 100 hours in volunteer work in 2018 that also marks 100 years since his birth. The best way to celebrate the Year of Zayed would be by spreading Zayed’s glorious human legacy, his inspirational and noble values and to introduce these ideals to new generations.
Own an Hour Program is fully aligned with a Day for Dubai Initiative and aims to involve youth in it. Pakistan Association Dubai (PAD) establishes procedures to plan, develop, implement, and maintain the Own an Hour Program (OHP) intern/volunteer training and curriculum.
The OHP requires the intern to complete 100 hours of training and is divided into two parts: module (25 hours) and practical (75 hours). The module-based training will require volunteers to attend two sessions every month till the completion of the program. The practical part involves volunteers participating in tasks and duties for the organization in concurrence with the module portion of the program.
The Volunteer Program consists of total five modules. Each module is further divided into various learning sessions and practical training exercises.
- Creative Design
- Web Design and Development
- Film and Photography
- Content Writing
- Event Management
Benefits for Partners?
- Exposure on all PAD Marketing Platforms
- Print Media/Social Media/Digital Media exposure
- Placement of your institute/company logo on marketing material
- Banner placement at the venue during trainings
- Recognition certificate by CDA and PAD at the Program Master Ceremony
- Opportunity to be part of Year of Zayed Initiative
- Extend your professional network
Want to be a part of such a movement by contributing to being one of our Corporate Partners? Contact the program coordinator on email@example.com
- Encouragement of independence, originality and a stress-free environment for an individual
- Empower yourself by specialized skills in creative design, content writing, film & photography, event management and web development
- Provide direct support to the Pakistan Center Dubai Project
- Create your own legacy in this Year of Zayed 2018
Motivated to create change in your community?
Applications open for submission till 11th March 2018. APPLY NOW: