Pakistan Association Dubai in collaboration with Indus Hospital organized an event under the theme of “Giving back to the community” in its premises of Pakistan Auditorium. Indus Hospital is serving the Pakistani community in Pakistan since last 10 Years with their motto “Quality Care – Free of Cost”. As an extension of their office, The Hospital has been licensed by the International Humanitarian City Dubai in 2016.
Dr. Faisel Ikram General Secretary PAD welcomed Indus Hospital CEO Dr. Abdul Bari Khan and his team and thanked them to be part of Pakistan Centre which includes Pakistan Medical Centre. “As a Pakistani working abroad, we have strong feelings of doing something for the country. We are really impressed and moved by the high level of commitment from the doctors and staff of Indus Hospital” Dr. Faisel added
Pakistan Medical Centre is a landmark project of Pakistan Association Dubai, a not for profit multi speciality centre and first of its kind in GCC. It’s part of the initiatives of “The Year of Giving 2017”, announced by H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan , President of UAE. The Pakistan Medical centre will be completed in 18 months and will be open to all nationalities. This project has been supported by Dubai Health Authority and Community Development Authority.
Executive Director for Communications and Resources Development Mr. Pervez Ahmed gave the background of Indus Hospital which started in 2007 with 150 bed tertiary care multidisciplinary hospital. It’s the first paperless and cashless hospital in Pakistan.
Dr, Abdul Bari Khan CEO Indus Hospital expressed his gratitude for the community that how Indus Hospital has been serving the community for the past 10 Years. “We are proud to be part of the Nation who knows what pain is and always comes forward to help the needy” Dr. Bari mentioned. The hospital treats over 145,000 patients per month with 6,000 procedures. Monthly 9,200 patients get admitted in the Hospital and all is done Free of Cost. The Hospital cost incurred per month is US$ 3.2 Million. We are thankful to Pakistan Association Dubai for having Indus Hospital as a partner of their future community project of Pakistan Medical Centre.
Later the Ceremony of signing MoU between PAD and Indus Hospital was held. Dr. Zia Ul Hassan (President Pakistan Association Dubai) and Dr. Nighat Aftab (President Medical Wing of PAD) signed along with Dr. Abdul Bari Khan.
The main highlights of the MOU are :
- Pakistan Association Dubai will help in promoting the vision and objectives of Indus Hospital in UAE
- Both parties will help in achieving the financial goals by complementing each others efforts in line with the UAE laws
- Both parties will explore areas of common interest and service in the field of medicine to enhance patient care.
- Indus Hospital will help in establishing the Electronic Medical Record at The Pakistan Medical Centre.
- Indus Hospital will also extend its expertise in administrative set up of the Pakistan Medical Centre.
- Both parties will work towards establishing a mechanism of exchanging medical expertise.
- Both parties will help towards establishing a mechanism of importing low cost medicine from Pakistan for the needy patients at Pakistan Medical Centre , with the support of local authorities in UAE.
In the end, Dr. Zia Ul Hassan President PAD thanked Dr. Abdul Bari for coming and being part of PAD and hoped that the MOU will serve as a foundation for stronger relationship.
People of all walks of life from Pakistani community attended the event along with foreign Doctors of various hospitals in UAE.